Tuesday, November 15, 2011

44 Days of Witchery: Day 30


Pagan/Witchy Movie:
I love and adore The Fountain. There are no Witches or Pagans in it. Just eternal love and devotion that transcends death.

From being inspired by the Popol Vuh to talking about Xibalba, The Fountain has a lot of elements of the original Maya beliefs. The way I understand the non-linear story is one that embraces reincarnation. Even better there's a theme of the quest of immortality which is a common theme in ancient myth.

And lastly, throughout the entire film is the symbol of the Tree of Life.

"All these years, all these memories, there was you. You pull me through time."

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I never thought of this as a witchy movie! Now I am definitely going to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete