Tuesday, September 27, 2011

44 Days of Witchery: Day 1


44 Days of Witchery - stolen from Tumblr
1. What's your witchy background?

I started off where a lot of people start, Scott Cunningham and the like in the library and the bookstore. It is really hard to describe the path I've taken. I did the out of the book Wicca stuff with a focus on the Greek pantheon (I was going with what I knew!), then more bookish pseudo-Celtic Wicca (what? I was a teenager, and didn't know it wasn't Celtic.) Then I started educating myself and went more towards Druidry, then to Gaelic Traditionalism.

But I never connected well with the Irish Gods that I was trying to chat with - except An Dagda, and he made it clear that he was happy to hang around while I needed him, but that was about it.

I drifted a bit. Life got in the way and I found myself in despair.
Then Sekhmet and Bast helped me out, and Aset too. I was Kemetic Orthodox for a good while. Then some of the Greek Gods from my early days showed back up and went, "Ahem." They reminded me of some promises I made a long time ago. The Kemetic Gods were cool with me going elsewhere with my life, so I did.

I followed the bread-crumbs and ended up with Hekate. I don't really have a name for what I do, but I love it here. ^.^ My Lady pretty much rules my spiritual life, and, sometimes that's a little scary, but I'm good with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment