Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Leaping into a Spa Day

Since mid-January life around here has been defined by one word: STRESSFUL.

We found out our cat has cancer, and various family crises have left all of us feeling utterly incapacitated.

Today, I decided to make all about relaxation.

Starting with a hot bath. And recipes for a new revitalized sense of self.


Honey Milk Bath


1/2 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup warm honey (heat up a saucepan of water and let the opened honey jar warm in the water at a low heat. Check on it regularly.)
2 teaspoons olive oil

Add to your bathwater and relax.


Oatmeal Spice Honey Mask
1/2 cup warm honey
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Mix well in a bowl. Pull your hair back out of your face. Apply on your face (I do it with my hands because I use this stuff while I soak in my milk bath, but you can also use a spoon or baking spatula.) Allow to sit on your face for 15-30 minutes and wash off with warm water. Then apply moisturizer.


Enjoy! I know I'm going to.

No comments:

Post a Comment