Thursday, May 19, 2011

Overdoing It

In preparing for The Rite of Her Sacred Fires, I made an altar cloth, designed and crafted bookmarks for the guests (I invited about ten, and we had six participants), finished an offering for Hekate, cooked a decent amount of food, and did half a dozen smaller tasks that included finishing my spring cleaning.

In my enthusiasm, I totally overdid it. My allergies kicked in, my throat inflamed, and I've now spent two days in bed. I don't do so well at sitting still, truth be told, and I get a bit grumpy when my body insists that I stop for rest.

That doesn't mean that I just lie down and take it, of course. I'm a fan of shifting my diet to kick my immune system into gear, and even using the occasional healing spell. I thought about talking about how to use sex magic to heal the body, but even that brief mention makes me blush.

I did promise that I would post at least once a week, however, and I wanted to at least try to make good. Neglecting to fulfill one's promises is a fantastic way to sabotage your trust in your own Will!

The ritual and then getting ill means that I haven't done much in terms of art. I wrote a poem for Hekate for the Full Moon, however, and will share it shortly, after some minor editing to improve its cadence.

In the meantime, I'm going to go back to dozing in bed with my dog and my cats, and my hot cup of tea. I hope you all have a lovely week.

No comments:

Post a Comment