Monday, October 3, 2011

44 Days of Witchery: Day 7

Air, Wind, Gales, Breezes

Air connects all things. The air travels the entire world. The breeze that tugs your hair and clothes has visited Mount Everest, London, Antartica. It is a gift from the trees and grasses that we can breathe. It is our gift to those same flora from our own lungs. We nourish each other with every breath.

In many traditions, it was breath that brought life. It is breath that allows us to speak. It is the air that carries sound between us.

When I meditate on Air, I see a broad field with the sky spread bright and blue above me. The clouds are wispy and white, high above, looking like feathers. Birds take to the winds, singing and dancing on the drafts. The grasses whisper around me, shifting like water around me.

Air is the power of knowledge, and of communication of knowledge.

Gods associated with Wind are:
Amun(Egyptian), Aeolus and the Anemoi (Boreas, Zephyrus, Notus, and Eurus)(Greek), Shu (Egyptian), and the Venti (Roman), among many others.

I associate Wind with the Power of the Magus, "To Know."

No comments:

Post a Comment